Halloween Trick-or-Treating & Halloween Parties
The skies are heavy with ominous clouds...biting cold air envelops our bodies...and the trees are ablaze with color. It's late October- time for pumpkins, ghouls, and witches to come out and scare innocent souls, in search for a treat.
Of course, we're talking about Halloween, that most frightening time of year. West Michigan is not only beautiful in October, but there are plenty of annual events to satisfy the timid...and those that dare to be scared!
West Michigan Communities That Host Trick-or-Treating:
- Ludington - Downtown Ludington: Saturday, October 27th, 2-4pm
- New Era
In addition to Trick-or-Treating, check out the other fun fall events that typically occur.
Annual Trick-or-Treat events and Halloween Parties
- Fall Festival - Ludington United Methodist Church Pavilion - 5810 Bryant Rd. Pumpkin painting, cider press, s'mores, hot dogs, hay rides, bounce house, and more.
- Shagway Fall Festival at Shagway Arts Barn- 5949 Shagway Rd. in Ludington. Spooky Trail, Trick-or-Treating, outdoor games, vendor/craft show.
- Haunted Village at the Historic White Pine Village- 1687 N. Lakeshore Dr. in Ludington. This kid-friendly event is geared towards family fun and not to be mistaken as a gory, ghoulish, haunted village. Admission is free for kids 11 years of age and younger, and $5.00 for those 12 and older. All children must be accompanied by an adult for admission. A costume contest for kids 12 and under with prizes awarded for the funniest, scariest, and most unique costumes. Trick-or-treating available in many of the buildings.
- Pumpkin Painting Party at Sandcastles Children's Museum. Cost for non-members is general admission, 12 months and under are free.
- Halloween Costume Parade -
Saturday, October 27th at 1pm: beginning at the Mason County Courthouse- 304 E. Ludington Ave. in Ludington. Downtown Ludington Trick or Treating to local merchants from 2-4pm to be followed by an After-Party at the Mason County District Library, Ludington.
- Annual WMOM Little Momster Bash at Wildwood Meadows Apartments- 105 S. Wildwood Xing in Ludington. Pizza, bounce house and games, candy, and Hallowheels bike raffle for boys and girls.
- Halloween on the Green & Spooktacular Parade in Downtown Pentwater. Story time at Storybook Village at 10:30am and 2:30pm; Costume contest, face painting, pumpkin painting, sack race, great pumpkin roll, and candy bags from 1-2pm; Trick-or-Treating to downtown merchants from 2-3:30pm; Spooktacular Parade at 3:30pm. Pub Crawl in the evening.
- Trunk-or-Treat - Norman Township Community Center- 1273 Seaman Rd. in Wellston.
- Filer Township Halloween Parade - Beginning on 23rd St. in Filer City. Presented by the Filer Charter Township Fire Dept.
- Trunk-or-Treat - Faith Covenant Church- 475 8th St. in Manistee.
- Trunk-or-Treat - Bear Lake Lions Den- 7748 Lake St. in Bear Lake.
- Spooktacular Halloween Charity Event at Photography by Sue Brown- 1676 W. Hansen Road, Scottville. Free photo with donation to United Way of Mason County.
- Pumpkin Palooza! - Mason County District Library in Scottville. An afternoon of pumpkin-flavored everything, games, crafts, and all kinds of fun. Children under age 6 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Trunk or Treat - Our Savior Lutheran Church- 765 W. US 10 in Scottville.
Stay tuned for information on 2018 Halloween Trick-or-Treating & Halloween festivities!
More Fall Happenings...
More Things to Do in West Michigan...
Want to learn more about all things family in West Michigan? Visit Lakeshore Family Guide and "Like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/LakeshoreFamilyGuide
For more activities & attractions, check out these additional links for Things to Do in West Michigan:
Have Fun in Manistee, Michigan -- Explore Manistee's historic downtown district and riverwalk, hike the Manistee National Forest, canoe on the Manistee River, and more.
Hamlin Lake -- Just 4 miles north of Ludington, Hamlin Lake is a great destination for boating, fishing and climbing dunes! The Hamlin Lake shoreline is also part of the Ludington State Park.
Silver Lake Sand Dunes -- Visiting the Silver Lake Sand Dunes makes for a terrific vacation because you can take your off-road vehicle for a spin on the scenic sand dunes overlooking Lake Michigan and Silver Lake.
Things to Do in Pentwater, Michigan -- Nothing is quite like the quaint, artsy, harbortown village of Pentwater. Don't miss the popular Charles Mears State Park beach on Pentwater's Lake Michigan shoreline.
Lots of Activities in Scottville, Michigan -- Explore the Riverside Park along the National Scenic Pere Marquette River.
Canoeing or Fishing on the Pere Marquette River -- Many boat liveries offer canoe rentals.
Also, check out West Michigan Guides and our locally produced WestMichigan.MichBiz.com directory for our largest lists of Things to Do in West Michigan.