Summer Music Along the Lakeshore
After a busy day at the beach or at work, it's time to kick back and relax a while. What better way than to listen to some music. You can find performances almost any night of the week, all within a short driving distance. Area musicians as well as professional traveling groups are featured in these summertime performances. For the outdoor venues, grab your lawnchair or a blanket and get ready to be entertained. Outdoor performances are free; there may be a charge for an indoor venue performance. Scroll down for the summer schedule, and enjoy!
Summer 2019 Schedule
- Sunday Jazz Brunch in the Park, 1pm, Waterfront Park, Ludington (June 30, July 28, August 25, 2019)
- Concerts in the Park, 7pm, Village Park, Onekama (July 1-August 19, 2019).
- West Shore Civic Band, various locations, Ludington.
- Manistee Shoreline Showcase, 7pm, Rotary Gazebo, First Street Beach, Manistee (June 18-August 27, 2019).
- Pickin' in Pentwater, 7pm, Pentwater Village Green.
- Summer Concert Series, Scottville Clown Band Shell.
- Silver Lake Concert Series, Golden Township Park at Silver Lake Sand Dunes, 7pm.
- LACA Summer Music Series, 7pm, Waterfront Park, Ludington. Rain location: Ludington Area Center for the Arts, 107 S. Harrison St. (June 19-August 28, 2019).
- Echo through the Timber, 7pm, Wenger Pavilion, Baldwin (June 19-August 28, 2019.
- Nights at the Lights, 7pm, Little Sable Lighthouse, Silver Lake. (July 10-August 7, 2019)
- Roots on the River, 7pm, Manistee Jaycees Riverwalk Bandshell, Memorial Drive, Manistee (July 4-August 29, 2019).
- Live Music in the Plaza, 5pm-8pm, North James Street Plaza, downtown Ludington. (May 23-August 29, 2019)
- Pentwater Civic Band, 8pm, Village Green, Pentwater. (June 27-August 29, 2019)
- Music on the Commons, 7pm, Hart Commons overlooking Hart Lake (Alternate Thursdays June 13-August 29, 2019).
- Friday Night Live, 6pm-9pm, downtown Ludington. (July 12-August 2, 2019)
- Log Cabin Concert, August 2-30, 2019, Kaleva.
- Summer Sounds, 7pm, Michigan Legacy Art Park, Thompsonville (July 5-26, 2019).
- Music at the Hart Historic District, 7pm, Hart (July 12-August 30, 2019)
- Sounds from the Forest, 7pm, Wenger Pavilion, Baldwin (June 22-August 31, 2019).
- Rhythm & Dunes Concerts, 7pm, Waterfront Park, Ludington. (July 27, August 3, 2019)
- Summer Sounds, 7pm, Michigan Legacy Art Park, Thompsonville (August 3 & 10, 2019).
In addition, several businesses including Gull Landing in Pentwater, offer concerts throughout the summer months. Also, check out our story about the Scottville Clown Band to see where they are performing throughout the summer.
For more summer music happenings along the lakeshore, check these out:
Idlewild Music Fest.
Ludrock-Two-Day Music Festival.
Manistee County Summer Music.
Spirit of the Woods Folk Festival in Brethren.
Ludington State Park Summer Performances.
Nights at the Lights Features Entertainment at the Lighthouses.